Friday, May 15, 2009

Little Ms. Haley

Hi everyone...just thought I would drop a line real quick about Ms. Haley. She is still doing great especially since some of the rain has passed. I think Haley was getting depressed about the rain just like the rest of us. She seemed a little sluggish during that week of straight rain which had me a little worried. I took her to the vet and they did a complete blood work up and everything was just fine. I think the rain was bringing her down! haha

But once the sun came out she was right back to normal - wagging that tail on our walks and staring up at me with that adorable face.

Her wound is still healing and three vets have now told me that her face will close up on its own, it just takes time. She is back on a heavier antibiodic to finish getting that infection out of her system. Lucky for me, Haley will eat anything wrapped in cream cheese so giving her pills is a piece of cake!

Last night she was especially adorable as she curled up with me on the floor while I was watching TV. She put her head on my shoulder while I rubbed her belly. Within minutes I could hear her snoring. It made me start to think how safe she must feel now which is great...hard to imagine the life she was living as a stray.

I have realized that although she is deaf she can still feel the thunderstorms. Last night a big one rolled through and Haley whimpered a little next to my bed. Lucky for her she had just had a bath that night so I scooped her up and put her in bed with me to help calm her down. Low and behold after a good 30 minute rub she was just fine and ready to go back to sleep.

That's it for now...life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment