Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BIG NEWS!

Haley got adopted last night!!! WOOHOOO HALEY!!! This has been in the works for a couple of weeks now but we didn't want to say anything until it was official.

A wonderful couple from Arlington, Eva and Joseph, took Haley into their home last night. They fell in love with her cute face about a month ago at an adoption event. They have two other senior dogs so Haley will now have some canine friends too.

As my close friends know I was quite the basket case leading up to Tuesday night as I have grown so attached to Haley in the past two months. I was even running on the treadmill yesterday afternoon and tears started coming down my face. I knew it would be hard to let her go, but not this hard. I was prepared with tissues in my pocket last night when I went to drop her off. The surprising thing was, there were no tears!

Haley's new brother and sister welcomed her into the group so quickly and before I knew it Haley was strolling around their back yard, wagging her tail and looking so happy to be part of "the pack". She truly looked happy and for that, no tears were to be found running down my face.

I took some pictures of her new brother and sister getting treats from their Mom, one of her new back yard (this picture doesn't do it justice...it is gigantic!!!) and of Haley following her new master.

I'm so thrilled for Haley that she has found her forever home. She is in such great hands and I can't wait to see her progress!

Thanks for all of the thoughts and kind words you have all expressed to me and Haley over the past two months. We couldn't have done it without you!


Thanks,
Alexis


1 comment: